With our scanning electron microscope Leo 440i with nitrogen-free EDX detector we offer the following services:
- Surface examination with highest resolution and depth of field (SE detector)
- element contrast images with backscattered electrons (BSE detector)
- chemical analysis by means of EDX e.g., quantitative spot analysis
- chemical element distribution by EDX qualitatively e.g., line scan and mapping as well as quantitatively in line scan
- investigation of non-conductive material by sputtering with gold or C possible
With these examination methods we provide you with the exact surface images as well as the position and chemical nature of possible inclusions. Fracture patterns can be examined just as well as cross-section coatings and this at magnifications of up to 50,000 times.